- In a cryptic campaign, Swiggy launched a mysterious creative laden with numerous hints about Swiggy’s brand. Swiggy asked all its users, “Why is this a Swiggy ad?”
- The brand’s intent was to encourage the users to explore every corner of the ad. The best theories would win Rs 1 lakh in Swiggy money.
- The brief was to understand how much consumers know about the brand and what they feel about them. Swiggy wanted to show its consumers how it is omnipresent in their day-to-day lives with Swiggy food delivery, Swiggy Instamart, and Swiggy Genie That was the springboard for the creative team to build on the idea.
- With the thought that people don’t hate ads, but they hate bad ads; the Talented team created a campaign that is actually immersive and genuinely interesting. What looks like an abstract piece of art, is a well-thought-out creative that makes us think about the smallest ester egg lying in the deepest corners of the image.
- Leveraging the pop-culture phenomenon, the Swiggy Uncle, Talented efficiently used the creative device to grab viewers’ attention.
- Around 800,000 users participated with their own theories, Livestream debates, and online discussions.
- “Why is this a Swiggy Ad” was one of India’s top-searched questions on Google during the peak of the campaign week.
- Swiggy also launched a campaign website called WhyIsThisASwiggyAd that kept the viewers hooked and in the loop.
- Even though the creative is primarily meant for OOH and Print format, it created a heavy buzz on social media too
The Agency: Talented
The Agency Team
The Brand Team
- Saurabh Nath
Head of Marketing
- Viren Naronha
Sr. Marketing Manager
- Ashish Lingamani
Head of Brand, Product Marketing & Sustainability