Email marketing has been a go-to tactic for businesses for years, and it continues to be one of the most effective ways to reach customers and drive sales. However, with so many businesses relying on email marketing, it’s important to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices to stand out in the inbox. Here are 21 email marketing tips to know in 2023:
- Personalize your emails: Use personalization tokens to include the recipient’s name and other relevant information in the email. Personalized emails have higher open and click-through rates.
- Segment your email list: Divide your email list into smaller segments based on interests, behaviors, demographics, or other criteria. This allows you to send more targeted and relevant emails.
- Use a clear and compelling subject line: The subject line is the first thing the recipient sees, so make it clear and attention-grabbing. Avoid spammy words and keep it under 50 characters.
- Optimize your email design for mobile devices: More than half of all emails are opened on mobile devices, so make sure your email design is optimized for smaller screens.
- Use a single-column layout: A single-column layout is easier to read on mobile devices and reduces the chance of the recipient getting overwhelmed by too much content.
- Keep your email copy concise: Keep your email copy short and to the point. Use bullet points, subheadings, and images to break up the text and make it more scannable.
- Include a clear call to action (CTA): Every email should have a clear and prominent CTA that tells the recipient what action you want them to take. Use action-oriented language and make the CTA stand out visually.
- Test your emails before sending: Test your emails on different devices and email clients to make sure they look and function as intended. This includes checking for broken links and images.
- Use a conversational tone: Write your emails in a conversational tone that feels personal and authentic. Avoid corporate jargon and overly formal language.
- Offer value: Every email you send should offer something of value to the recipient, whether it’s a discount, helpful tips, or exclusive content.
- Use social proof: Include social proof in your emails, such as customer testimonials or social media reviews. This helps build trust and credibility with the recipient.
- Use behavioral triggers: Set up triggered emails that are sent based on specific user actions, such as abandoning a cart or signing up for a newsletter. These emails have higher open and click-through rates.
Also Read: 10 Best SEO Tools For Digital Marketers in 2023
- Send emails at the right time: Test different send times to see when your audience is most responsive. This could be different for each segment of your email list.
- Use segmentation to re-engage inactive subscribers: If a subscriber hasn’t engaged with your emails in a while, send them a targeted email that tries to re-engage them with your brand.
- Use urgency and scarcity: Create a sense of urgency and scarcity in your emails by using limited-time offers or low stock alerts. This can help drive conversions and sales.
- Use automation: Use email automation to save time and improve efficiency. This includes automated welcome emails, abandoned cart emails, and re-engagement emails.
- Use user-generated content (UGC): Incorporate UGC into your emails, such as photos or reviews from happy customers. This helps build trust and social proof.
- Use email surveys: Use email surveys to gather feedback from your subscribers and improve your email marketing strategy. This also helps you understand your audience better.
- Use A/B testing: Use A/B testing to test different elements of your emails, such as subject lines, CTAs, and email design. This helps you optimize your emails for better performance.
- Use email personalization beyond just the name: In addition to including the recipient’s name, use other personalized information in your email such as their recent purchase history or location to make the email more relevant to them.
- Focus on quality over quantity: Rather than sending a high volume of emails, focus on sending high-quality emails that provide value to your subscribers. This will lead to better engagement and more loyal customers.
In conclusion, email marketing continues to be an effective way to reach and engage with customers, but it’s important to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices to stand out in the crowded inbox. By implementing these 21 email marketing tips in 2023, businesses can improve their email marketing strategy and drive better results.